mahmed1

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi

I have this code to calculate my conc rate

ROUND((SUM(t.[CUMULATIVE ENGAGED CHAT TIME])/SUM(t.[ENGAGED TIME])),2) AS Concurreny_Rate

What ive just realised is that the ENGAGED TIME could he duplicate times in there so i need to only take the 1 time

IF The Agent and Hour is the same only sum 1 of those ENGAGED Times (There could be the same times and agents but the Skill could be different) - This is throwing out my total engaged times

How can i get around this

Thank YOu

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
As an example

if the data was like this

datetime, Agent, skill, Cumalative Engaged Time, Engaged Chat Time

20/07/2020 08:00, Agent1, CD, 02:00, 01:10:00
20/07/2020 08:00, Agent1, CQ, 01:00, 01:10:00

As the Agent and datetime is the same (skill different) the formula should be 03:00/01:10:00 (So only take 1 of the Engaged time)

ROUND((SUM(t.[CUMULATIVE ENGAGED CHAT TIME])/SUM(
IF(Agent Column and DateTime Column = same then take 1 of the Engaged Time),2) AS Concurreny_Rate

I can do this in Excel where i put 0’s in that column before i import but that wouldmean chaging the database

hoping i can do that in Access in that formula

Upvote 0
Hi the general purpose solution is to write a query first to get the records you are interested in summing or averaging. That would be step one. Then you write a query that uses the first query as the data source and do your actual summing or averaging. That would be step two.

In this case I don't really see how you will proceed precisely. Data looks a little ugly. But anyway, the two part approach as described above is basically the way to go (and it is really part one that is the key part as the next part will be your current query basically).

Upvote 0
Thank You - i think with this data set - it might be better to clean out in excel and then import in

Upvote 0
Only probs i have at the moment is that i have a table that has got several months of data that is already stored in access so for now would have been nice to clean existing table in access and then going forward import in clean data

is there a quick way of deleting all the data and then after copying into excel and then copy and paste the data from excel to access (copy and paste)

Upvote 0
You can write a delete query to delete all the data in a table:
Code:
delete * from Table1;

Copy and paste I think works (I don't use that a lot but I'm pretty sure I have done it). Also you can use the Import from Excel feature which is my goto method.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpierce

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back