Dividing information in a cell and adding it to new rows in all the possible combinations.

ngabrieln

Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi, guys!

Two columns of the spreadsheet that I'm working with contains multiple informations divided by "/". I need a way to separate this informations contained in 1 row into multiples rows in a way that it presents all the possible matchmaking possibilities between the information diveded by "/". The rest of the information contained in the row must be copied to the newly created rows.
I added images that illustrate how my spreadsheet is now and how it need to be.

My spreadsheet contains 143 rows and all of them need to be divided this way. The number of information divided by "/" in the cells vary from 1 to 5.

Let me now if I can make myself clearer!
Thanks

Attachments

• Before.png
    Before.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 8
  • After.png
    After.png
    22.8 KB · Views: 9

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
IMO you'd need to use recursive procedures - not my strong point for sure. I suggest you research that topic unless someone writes this for you soon.

Upvote 0
Since you lack Excel 365, which has the function TEXTSPLIT, the best approach is to use Power Query. Are familiar with Excel's PQ functionality?

Upvote 0
Since you lack Excel 365, which has the function TEXTSPLIT, the best approach is to use Power Query. Are familiar with Excel's PQ functionality?
I've worked with PowerBI's PQ a couple of years ago, but never with Excel's.

Upvote 0
Well, I keep trying to Split the text by delimiter and then Pivot or Unpivot or Group the columns ... alas, I can't do it. Sorry. I hope someone better with PQ stumbles by to help you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mesh

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back