Dividing numbers format by time format

Jader63

Hi.
- My name is Jáder, from Portugal and this is my very first thread! my compliments to all of you Excel lovers.
- I wonder if there`s anyone who can help me. I`d like to know the formula to calculate how many strokes per minute I perform in my old ( very very old ) rowing machine. The example could be:

- In a total of 00:37 I`ve performed 487 full strokes; the average of strokes per minute is...?
- Tank you all so much. JÁDER

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
Hi Jader

You need the time value in a decimal format - you can do thisby multiplying by 1440 (number of minutes in a day). So, assume you have your strokes in A1 and your time (00:37) in B1 then your strokes per minute is:

=A1/(B1*1440)

Upvote 0
Hi Jader

You need the time value in a decimal format - you can do thisby multiplying by 1440 (number of minutes in a day). So, assume you have your strokes in A1 and your time (00:37) in B1 then your strokes per minute is:

=A1/(B1*1440)
Firefly
- Please accept my best compliments. Thank you for your help, it was really precious.

Upvote 0
try this ... put time in one column (t1) format as [h]:mm:ss, then in next column formated as numberical 2dp use formula = t1*24. You should get time in decimal formal, which you can use maths on.;)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcus05

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back