DIY VBA Excel Ribbon Editor

interitus

Hello!
In short: I would like to create Excel Ribbon Editor for Windows using VBA. Doeas it make sense? :)

I found two types of excel ribbon editors:

1. Editors such as Office RibbonX Editor (famous Ron de Bruin site). This editor just help user to change add own xml ribbon file to excel file
  2. Editors like RibbonCreator 2016 (www.ribboncreator2016.de/). This editor is WYSIWYG type and also saves xml into excel file

I would like to create simpler version of the second one editor but release it with a freeware license (RibbonCreator 2016 is a paid one software).
I am not a programmer, just Excel and VBA user, therefore I will use VBA instead of other language. This would be a project to build my MS Excel portfolio and to learn myself how to create xlm files and save them to the excel files.
I have two questions: Is there any freeware solution to building own ribbon without much knowledge for user? Do you think this project could be rational or pointless (if senseless - why)? Thank you in advance!

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rohitsomani

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back