.DLL Issue In One of Three Instances Where Same Reference is Made

dcunningham

Board Regular
Hi Everyone,

So I have a bit of code that prints off a worksheet in PDF that uses EXP_PDF.DLL. I used this as the basis for my code: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee834871(v=office.11).aspx.

Now, I'm using this same code with only a few minor alterations (that being changing the name of the worksheet being printed off and the reference to where the file name should come from) and on my computer it works in all three workbooks. On another computer, the one I used to test these workbooks for the site that they're meant to be used at, the print functionality works in all three workbooks as well. However, on three other users' computers that I've tried them on there's one workbook that doesn't (let's call it Problem Child and the working workbooks Golden Children). Problem Child has the same bit of code described above, with the same sort of modifications I mentioned earlier.

Initially I thought that there was a .DLL association issue or something, because that's the line in the code the debugger takes me to when the code is run in Problem Child. But then I realized that since the code that's essentially the same in the two other workbooks on these computers, that there must be some other problem. I thought maybe I had made a typo or something so I deleted the module out of the workbook, exported the working code from one of the Golden Children, imported that code into Problem Child, and made the few changes to sheet and cell references that I needed. After all that, it still doesn't worked and I'm stumped.

Does anyone have any experience with this sort of an issue? Or, any theories of what might be causing the issue? If none of them worked then I'd know it's a problem with the code, but since the code is so similar across the three workbooks I can't understand why it works for two books and not the third.

Regards,

Dan

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back