Do I need a Sumif, HLookup, please say it's not a sumproduct

keith33

I'm trying to update our companies monthly sales spreadsheet which at the minute needs to be manually updated each month and very often the formulas going out of line and bring through the wrong values.

I want to set the summary sheet which gets dropped into the monthly management pack update by just changing the date in the first cell.

There are three sheets which feed into the summary sheet, the actuals, the budget & last years. On the summary sheet the customers are listed down column A and across the top it lists current month sales v budget & prior year.

The three feeder sheets contain a long list of customers which next to each one it's the summary customers is listed. Along the top is each month.

Now I want to type the month in the summary sheet and do a hlookup along the top row of the feeder sheets then once found look down the customer list and bring back the sales figure for that customer for the relevant month. Each customer could be listed more than once so I'd need a sumif.

Now I don't think I can link these two formula's together & I think I may have to use a sumproduct but I really don't understand the arguments for a sumproduct so any help would be really appreciated.

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
I tried a pivot table but gave up, am I right in thinking a pivot table can only draw information of one sheet?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kj9

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back