Do I want a table or a list or something else?

wstoffel1

Let me just say what a great resource this site is! Yesterday barry houdini was kind enough to offer up this formula:

=IF(WORKDAY(A$1-1,ROWS(A$4:A4))>A$2,"",WORKDAY(A$1-1,ROWS(A$4:A4)))

So now i put my start date in A1 and my end date in A2 and starting with A4 I get a list of the dates in that range. Beautiful. But as i sat there and worked on this project i started to wonder if I was going about this the right way.

Each page in the workbook will be a different site i track, with a different start and end date, so column A will vary on each. But the number of columns in each will be the same and the data it's collecting will all be the same.

I thought I just needed a table. However since the number of rows in that table will vary depending on the start and end date I'm not so sure it's the best fit.

I was hoping to avoid creating tables on each page that are say 250 rows long, to account for the longest possible range of start and end dates. I do know the dates ahead of time, so the list could be work weeks as short as two weeks, up to 50 weeks. Oh and I wanted to use the last row to add up the column, and wanted to avoid having a bunch of blank rows before that calculation...

What do the experts recommend?

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back