Do Until LOOP Help

rockchalk33

Board Regular
Geniuses,

I am having a bit of trouble getting a piece of code to loop. I have a button that once clicked will do exactly this:

If Duplicate_Find Is Nothing Then
ActiveCell.Copy
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 2).Select
ActiveCell.PasteSpecial
ActiveCell.Offset(1, -2).Select
Else: ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
End If

I need this to start on Range ("A6") and loop until the first cell that is empty.

This is the code I tried:

Public Button1_Click()

Range ("A5").Select
Do Until IsEmpty (ActiveCell)
ActiveCell.Offset (1,0)
If Duplicate_Find Is Nothing Then
ActiveCell.Copy
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 2).Select
ActiveCell.PasteSpecial
ActiveCell.Offset(1, -2).Select
Else: ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
End If
Loop

End Sub

Every time I click Button_1 it automatically jumps down to the first empty cell and never copied any data over.

Any help would be appreciated, should be an easy fix.

Thanks all!

Devin

It's still not entirely clear what you want, but as a guess, try:
Code:
Dim SrchMacro()

Dim x       As Long
    Dim rng     As range
    Dim rngF    As range
    Dim rngSrc  As range
    Dim rngArea As range

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Set rngArea = range("C:DL")

x = Cells(rows.count, 1).End(xlUp).row

Set rngSrc = range("A6").Resize(x-5)

For Each rng In rngSrc
        With rng
            Set rngF = rngArea.find(what:=.value, LookIn:=xlValues, lookat:=xlWhole, MatchCase:=True)

If Not rngF Is Nothing Then
                .Offset(, 1).value = .value
                Set rngF = Nothing
            End If
        End With
    Next rng

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

Set rngSrc = Nothing
    Set rngArea = Nothing

End Sub

I won't have an opportunity to test this code out until late afternoon today. Below I will try my best to show exactly what I am attempting to do with a before code is ran description and an after code is ran description. Thanks for continued input!

Before code is ran, A-DL are columns:

A B C D E...................DL
23 33 09
56 10 14 23
89 56

After code is ran, code will go down column A and if the value in column A is anywhere within C:DL, it will copy and paste the exact value in Column B of the same row in which the value is found in Column A:

23 23 33 45 09
56 56 10 14 23
89 56 38
09 09 175

Hope this is not confusing as it looks correct on my computer screen :p

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
I'd avoid using the entire range C:DL, that's 119,537,664 cells the code has to search, each time it loops.

If you can define the last used row (based on a specific column), it would make the code run a little faster.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I won't have an opportunity to test this code out until late afternoon today. Below I will try my best to show exactly what I am attempting to do with a before code is ran description and an after code is ran description. Thanks for continued input!

Before code is ran, A-DL are columns:

23 33 09
56 10 14 23
89 56

After code is ran, code will go down column A and if the value in column A is anywhere within C:DL, it will copy and paste the exact value in Column B of the same row in which the value is found in Column A:

23 23 33 45 09
56 56 10 14 23
89 56 38
09 09 175

Hope this is not confusing as it looks correct on my computer screen :p

Now I'm replying to my own comments lol but in the above description theres a few errors I made and I can't figure out how to go in an edit my post:

-In this example, if the numbers are bolded, they are part of column B, all the other values are to the right of column A and found in C-DL

-column B is empty until the code is ran, once the code is ran column B is populated

-This is what the code should do: Going down column A, if the value in column A is found anywhere in the range from C-DL, it is copied from column A and then put into Column B of the same row as it is in Column A

Hope this is clear as mud :confused: :eek:

Upvote 0
I'd avoid using the entire range C:DL, that's 119,537,664 cells the code has to search, each time it loops.

If you can define the last used row (based on a specific column), it would make the code run a little faster.

Jack, I have to go from C:DL with that I'm given, pretty gross I know. Each column represents a separate entity of which has a populated list of unique values. I'm simply looking for specific values that both column A and the rest of the range have in common and then making a separate column storing that data.

Upvote 0
Code I suggested should achieve what you require, it assumes the data together with column A values are all on the same sheet, which is active when you run the macro.

Upvote 0
Code I suggested should achieve what you require, it assumes the data together with column A values are all on the same sheet, which is active when you run the macro.

JackDanIce,

Your code worked flawlessly above earlier in the thread! I need some more help if you'd be willing, I know it's been a while since you've commented on here, but this could really help me if it is not too much trouble!

I need to make two small changes to my program and thus your code above.... I'm not quite sure how.

1.) Instead of column B containing everything in Column A that is ALSO found in Column C:DL, I need it to rather contain everything in A that is NOT found in C:DL

2.) I feel like this is the harder part of the two...... I need the entire cell's contents to be viewed in Column B and not just the cell's values, i.e there are certain cells with background colors and those should be represented in Column B as well as the value.

I've tried going in doing this myself and am running out of ideas of how to do so. I feel as it shouldn't be but a few small changes here and there but I can't seem to pick them out.

Thanks again for the awesome help,

Devin

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back