Does MS Fuzzy Logic add-in work with Excel 2019?

Cwillson

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi peeps,

Has anyone managed to get this add-in working with excel 2019? Download Fuzzy Lookup Add-In for Excel from Official Microsoft Download Center

I've installed it but don't see the add-in. :(

The notes state versions up to 2016, which is worrying.

I have a huge volume of contact data with many attributes in a single table which I was hoping to use fuzzy logic to help me de-dupe.

If this MS add-in doesn't work with my version of excel, does this just leave me with Power Query? (If so, cue another post about how to achieve this, as I'm a power query novice! ;) )

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
I have just installed it on MS 365 so I would be very surprised if it doesn't work in 2019.
You should see a Fuzzy Lookup Tab close to the far right.

The Power Query version has the advantage of allowing you to have a helper table / transformation table, which you add in as an extra table where you can put additional items the query can use on to match on.

On the downside and I think this is really disappointing, it does not allow you to output the "Similarity %" which the AddIn does do.

1626352460793.png

Upvote 0
I have just installed it on MS 365 so I would be very surprised if it doesn't work in 2019.
You should see a Fuzzy Lookup Tab close to the far right.

The Power Query version has the advantage of allowing you to have a helper table / transformation table, which you add in as an extra table where you can put additional items the query can use on to match on.

On the downside and I think this is really disappointing, it does not allow you to output the "Similarity %" which the AddIn does do.

View attachment 42875
Thanks Alex.

Yeah, I've read it works in M365 but can't seem to get it to work in 2019, nor can I find any resources online which confirm how I might be able to do this. To be fair, other than the MS link above, I can't see find anything that says it doesn't work in 2019 either - hence this post! :)

Upvote 0
Are you by any chance using a work machine, in that case you may need to get your IT to install it for you ?

Upvote 0
Are you by any chance using a work machine, in that case you may need to get your IT to install it for you ?
Yes, I am. But I've already got them to install it.... Watched them do it, and they didn't appear to have to select any options on install which would cause problems.

Before I raise it with them for investigation, I wanted to confirm if it wold actually work on 2019, as the MS page doesn't state this specifically.... :(

Upvote 0
This is the only reference I can find on it being available for 2019.
Fuzzy matching availability in Office 2019

Since works in 2016 and in 365 it seems highly unlikely it is not to work in 2019.
The link below might give you some troubleshooting ideas though.
One of these is that it may depend on how they installed it in that it needs to be attached to your user ID.
Fuzzy Lookup not showing up after install

Upvote 0
It may need to be unblocked. If you goto the folder that contains the add-in, then right click the file & if the option is there click Unblock

Upvote 0
When I installed it, I needed to close Excel and then re-open it for it to appear on the ribbon. Then all was well.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAMES KECULAH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back