Double click macro, copy contents from one cell to another (different rows)

CAMARD2

Hey all,

I needsome help and not sure where else to turn. Tried searching for an answer to my problembut couldn't find anything.

So whatI'm trying to do is, in a single spreadsheet, when I double click a specificcell in column J it will copy the content into a cell in column A. What I wouldlike is that when I double click on let's say cell J10, it should copy thecontent into cell A3. If I then click on J20, it should copy into cell A4,followed by A5, A6, etc... in order. Right now, with the code I have in place,it's simply copying the content into column A (correct column), but it copiesonto the same row as the cell I double clicked, so instead of being in A3 whereI want it, it's in A10 (example). Currently, this is the code I have in place:

PrivateSub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean)

If Not Intersect(Target,Range("J:J")) Is Nothing Then
Cancel = True 'Cancels edit mode that is noramally invokedwith double click
Target.Copy Destination:=Cells(Target.Row,"A")
End If

End Sub

Hopethis is easy enough to understand. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!!

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
Hi & welcome to MrExcel
Try
Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean)

If Not Intersect(Target, Range("J:J")) Is Nothing Then
   Target.Copy Destination:=Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Offset(1)
End If

End Sub

Upvote 0
You're welcome & thanks for the feedback

Upvote 0
Ok, I have another question related to this.

As I said above, I have content in the J column that I want to have copied into column A (A2,A3, A4, etc) upon double-clicking. It's working fine with the code you've provided.

I now also have content in column M that I would liketo copy onto column C (in the same spreadsheet). Same set up as above.

Is it possible to do this if I already have a code set upwith columns J/A ?

Thanks in advance

Upvote 0
How about
Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean)

Target.Copy Destination:=Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Offset(1)
ElseIf Not Intersect(Target, Range("M:M")) Is Nothing Then
   Target.Copy Destination:=Cells(Rows.Count, "C").End(xlUp).Offset(1)
End If

End Sub

Upvote 0
You're welcome & thanks for the feedback

Upvote 0
Bumping this thread as I have another request similar to this one that I posted a few weeks ago.

Currently I am using the code listed above in comment #6. I double click a cell in rows J or M and the contents are copied to rows A or C. Right now it is set up so that once copied to column A/C, it follows row by row, starting with A2 (or C2) and so on…

I’m just wondering if it’s possible to have the contents copied to a single cell in A/C, so instead of A2, A3, A4, etc… all of the copied content will be found in cell A2 (and C2), with each double click lending itself to a new line break or “paragraph” in the cell (alt+enter) and everything will still be separated nicely. So no erasing or overwriting the content that is already there.

I’m asking because as it stands, I sometimes need to copy the data in rows A/C into a single cell on another work sheet, but copying multiple cells into a single cell causes a whole mess of problems. Therefore copying the contents of one single cell to another will just make things so much easier.

Thanks in advance !

Upvote 0
How about
Code:
      Range("A2").Value = Range("A2").Value & Chr(10) & Target.Value
   ElseIf Not Intersect(Target, Range("M:M")) Is Nothing Then
      Range("C2").Value = Range("C2").Value & Chr(10) & Target.Value
   End If
End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ijat

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back