Double Click to Filter Multiple Columns

alexdowd2

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
I have 2 sheets, one is a library of sorts (Sheet1) that has an Id column and then corresponding filter values for columns on Sheet2. That Id column from Sheet1 is NOT on Sheet2. Conceptually, what I want to be able to do is click on the Id column on Sheet1, then filter Sheet2 based on the values in that Id's row, which correspond to values in columns on Sheet2 (the column header names are the same). For example, sample data may look like this:

Sheet1

IdColorMakeModel
1​
BlueHondaCivic
2​
GrayFordTaurus
3​
GreenHondaInsight
4​
GreenTeslaModel S

Sheet2

ColorMakeModel
BlueHondaCivic
GrayFordTaurus
GreenHondaInsight
GreenTeslaModel S

Use Case: I double click 1 on Sheet1 and that filters Sheet2 on all records where Color = Blue, Make = Honda, Model = Civic.

Are you reading the values from the pivot?
No I just used the pivot to get the values. I copied/pasted the pivot into a regular range and that's where the values are coming from.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
In that case the only other thing I can think of is that there are leading/trailing spaces causing problems, or typos.

Upvote 0
In that case the only other thing I can think of is that there are leading/trailing spaces causing problems, or typos.
Neither is the case :( it's very odd. It's targeting the correct columns like filters are being applied, it's just not selecting any data.

Upvote 0
You don't have any merged cells on the sheet you are double-clicking on do you?

Upvote 0
If you add this extra line & double click in col A & then look at the immediate window (Ctrl G will bring it up if it's not open) what does it say.

Upvote 0
If you add this extra line & double click in col A & then look at the immediate window (Ctrl G will bring it up if it's not open) what does it say.
I don't think I follow...CTL+G brings up an empty window and nothing popls up automatically.

Upvote 0
Go back & double click in col A again.

Upvote 0
Once you have opened the immediate window, leave it open & then double-click in col A

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back