Double Post Appropriateness

Ark68

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I have made a post in which I received help and found a solution. After time, I found that I needed to help with the solution to enhance it further to meet my needs. I posted in that thread the additional help I'm seeking, but since the thread was marked solved, and was quite some time ago, I feel that it's being overlooked.

Is it OK to make a new thread for help in this case? The question relating to the original post is in the original thread, but can I make a new thread specific to the new question that relates tot he original question?

Yes, you can make a new thread (& provide a link to the old one if you think that useful for potential helpers to know about)

If you start a new thread, go to the new question in the old thread and 'Report' it with a comment that you have now asked this question in a new thread. We can then delete that post in the old thread so we don't have the same question going in two places at once.

If you start a new thread, go to the new question in the old thread and 'Report' it with a comment that you have now asked this question in a new thread. We can then delete that post in the old thread so we don't have the same question going in two places at once.
I have also seen some people go back to the new question on the original thread, and reply back to it stating that they have re-posted the question to a new thread, provided a link to it, and asked that people respond to that question in the new thread (and not this old one).

I think that would be acceptable too (and also lets people who helped with the first question know that there is another somewhat-related question).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BatCoder

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back