download racing info from asp web page

danoneill

I am trying to write a macro that downloads tables from the website http://www.aapracingandsports.com.au/racing/meetmain.asp?race=1 using 'Import External Data' - 'New Web Query'.

On any given day there will be a number of different venues and typically 8 races at each venue. I want to download a table for each race so have 2 nested for loops - one for the venues and one for the number of races.

I have 2 problems, firstly, if you copy the above html and paste into your browser, the address will change to the home page. My macro is downloading tables from the home page instead of the venue page. I can override this by doing a manual web query from the html that I want - the macro will then download the tables from the correct page. Is there a way of fixing this automatically?

Secondly, each venue has the same address so the macro cannot differentiate one from the other. I tried interrupting the macro between venues and manually browsing to the next venue in Internet Explorrer but this didn't work.

I don't have any asp programming knowledge and basic VBA knowledge.

Can anyone help? Would it help if I posted the code as well?

Thanks
Dbo

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RExcelSearch

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back