drag one value to default to Fill Series

hajiali

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I'm needing the drag value option to always default to Fill Series specifically in range A3:A600. for ex. if user types 20 in A25 and drags down I want it to automatically do a fill Series. I'm aware that I can accomplish this by having 2 values and dragging it and also by selecting bottom of the drag values and select Fil Series However, be nice for it to do this with one value to make it more user friendly.

any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Why are there so many of us that don't know about such simple shortcuts
I didn't know about the two you shared & just assumed that everyone knew about using Ctrl & drag.
I hate to think how many other shortcuts are out there, that I've never come across.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
The shortcut back to General format is Ctrl ~ not sure where that would be located on your keyboard layout
That is located in the shift position of the ` (that little mark is the backward apostrophe) key. So CTRL+SHIFT+` does in fact convert a short date to a number.

I hate to think how many other shortcuts are out there, that I've never come across.
You would think Microsoft would post them somewhere on one of their websites... not just for Excel, but for all of their products.

Upvote 0
Thank you all for the feed back. I just thought there might be a VBA code to magically make that happen but apparently I’ll have to use one of those methods.

Upvote 0
You did see Fluff's posting about holding down the CTRL key while you drag, right?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back