Dragging formulas down column endlessly through a sheet

pamtupac

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with a worksheet. I created multiple formulas in different columns but i'm having issues getting it to auto copy to the next cell. i noticed that if you copy and paste info into cells that feed the formula it won't copy the formula down. sometimes through the column the formula needs to be erased and a value needs to be places. ex. i set up an automatic due date based on a a specific product but the due date might need to be sooner due to urgency so the user will simply select the cell they need to change and write the new date. i really want to avoid having to pull the formulas down with the drag handle as its already causing so many issues. unfortunately the users of the excel are not very tech savvy. if someone can help me, my worksheet is set to calculate automatically so i'm not sure what's going on. i've never noticed this issue before but then again it's usually me using my own sheets or it populates from something else.

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
do you have hidden or filtered rows ?

Upvote 0
i have filters enabled but nothing is filtered. no hidden row ether. i tried using ctrl + shift + down to select the entire column until the very end and then control + d to copy (lol bad idea) but it made my workbook weigh almost 40mb from its original 170kb, i need it to weigh around 3mb max as more data has to be inputted daily and we use it in box, a cloud service, to allow everyone in the team to see it and edit it live.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
audette89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back