Drawing with text copied from OneNote (as image) only saves pdf as text, but prints normally...

LoneStarPiper

Lots of variables here, and not exactly an equation, but I'm hoping someone can help shed light on an issue. We draw diagrams with text numbers in OneNote, and then copy that drawing into an excel workbook as a picture (circle our drawing in OneNote, copy, right click excel, paste as picture). The image that results looks great in our workbook, is static, and has a transparent background and is easily resized.

If I hit "print", it prints beautifully. If I hit "save to pdf", it only prints the things that were text inside OneNote, not the drawings. If I hit print, and choose "PDF Printer" (any of them), then they all print perfectly. I'm trying to avoid having to make my team choose different printers, and I have macro-button that automatically saves as pdf to desktop for them, so I'm trying to save steps. Any suggestions here? Thank you!

Attachments

• file, save as pdf, test-page-001.jpg
    file, save as pdf, test-page-001.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 11
  • file, print, MS pdf printer, save as, test-page-001 (1).jpg
    file, print, MS pdf printer, save as, test-page-001 (1).jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 12

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
BTW, the workaround we have been using is a copy into Paint, then copying from Paint to excel, in which everything works very well. Just trying to eliminate the intermediary program/step.

Upvote 0
Lots of variables here, and not exactly an equation, but I'm hoping someone can help shed light on an issue. We draw diagrams with text numbers in OneNote, and then copy that drawing into an excel workbook as a picture (circle our drawing in OneNote, copy, right click excel, paste as picture). The image that results looks great in our workbook, is static, and has a transparent background and is easily resized.

If I hit "print", it prints beautifully. If I hit "save to pdf", it only prints the things that were text inside OneNote, not the drawings. If I hit print, and choose "PDF Printer" (any of them), then they all print perfectly. I'm trying to avoid having to make my team choose different printers, and I have macro-button that automatically saves as pdf to desktop for them, so I'm trying to save steps. Any suggestions here? Thank you!
I'm hoping that reviving this thread might result in an answer. I did discover that the image isn't actually disappearing, it's shrinking significantly to the point of only being a spec on the screen. Any help here would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    101.2 KB · Views: 3
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ruhulaminappu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back