Drop Down boxes

ArthurNyunt

Hi everyone,

I have a couple of questions regarding drop downs

I have noticed that there is two different ways to create drop down boxes, one using a more conventional VB format using the control toolbar and the other using the Forms toolbar

I have used the VB format to create my drop down which works fine if you view it normally but is disabled when you view the document via a web browser. Is there any way you can enable this ?

If it is not possible to enable the control I would consider using the second method but would like to know

If you can add options via code or do you have to link it to a range of cells

If you can determine the selection of the drop down via a code rather than having a linked cell which displays the index of the option

thanks

:p

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
In the absence of another reply ...
I can't help much with the web page.
The Forms toolbar controls have less functionality than the Controls tools, but, probably for this reason, give much less problems. The Controls ones are very bug-ridden - especially if you use a lot of them in a workbook.

To my knowledge there is only one macro event related to each of the Forms tools (you get a menu with the name if you right-click/assign macro). You still have to set up the worksheet cell references, but I have found this quite sufficient to access the values and perform other actions automatically. The one drawback with these is that their text is not very clear at low sheet zoom values.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertJones1986

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back