Drop Down Issues

Hapdawg88

First of all, please excuse me if the terms I use are not completely clear. I have just started using Excel for more than very simple tasks. Currently, have a large spreadsheet with several drop downs that are created from a list. In the first row they work correctly but in the second row the options chosen in the first row no longer appear. I need every row to have every option regardless of what was chosen previously. is there someone who can help me with this? Thank you!

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
yes, the list is on a different worksheet in the same workbook and followed the steps I found on here to create it and validate the data.

Upvote 0
how do you create the lists with data validation, what formula etc ? need some info too help you out ?

Upvote 0
You probably have a formula that excludes already-selected items from the list.

You may need to either create a new list, or use the list that the "excludes" list is based on.

(Hope that made sense?)

Upvote 0
Thank you for your response. I do think I must have an issue with the formula that does not allow previously selected responses to be used. I would happily attach the spreadsheet if I could see a place to do that here. Not only am I new to Excel, I am new to forums also. :)

Upvote 0
yes, I saw it; thank you. I am willing to create a new list but I do not know how to keep from doing what I just did. I said earlier it is a formula but actually I just did the data validation thing with cells from another sheet. This is frustrating because I am not adequately able to communicate the situation because my knowledge/language are limited when talking about it. I would appreciate any information you have.

Upvote 0
A static/regular DD just references a list of data, based on a range that contains that data. the range can either be A1:A10 or it can be a named range (which would need to be defined beforehand)

A Dynamic DD would be based on a range that changes/adjusts based on certain set criteria

It sounds like you might be working with the dynamic kind, so that's why I suggested you either create a new list, or find the source of the dynamic list and use that

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thietbibeboiwasaco

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back