darwinquintero

Hi there, new to this forum so sorry if this thread goes against any guidelines or anything :p

I am creating a spreadsheet system for storing student grade data, and I need to be able to select from a list of 240 students, who are all in different year groups, then form groups (e.g. 7a), then IT classes (which if they are in 7A, they will be in either IT group 7a1 or 7a2). I need to know how to select from a drop down list which is showing a list of year groups year 7, year 8 and year 9, and then if I selected year 7 in the next drop down list below it will narrow down to show all the form groups for year 7, then if i select 7a, in the next drop down list it will narrow it down to show either 7a1 or 7a2. Sorry if I perhaps over complicated it during the explanation, and thanks in advance for any answers :)

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
Hi there, new to this forum so sorry if this thread goes against any guidelines or anything :p

I am creating a spreadsheet system for storing student grade data, and I need to be able to select from a list of 240 students, who are all in different year groups, then form groups (e.g. 7a), then IT classes (which if they are in 7A, they will be in either IT group 7a1 or 7a2). I need to know how to select from a drop down list which is showing a list of year groups year 7, year 8 and year 9, and then if I selected year 7 in the next drop down list below it will narrow down to show all the form groups for year 7, then if i select 7a, in the next drop down list it will narrow it down to show either 7a1 or 7a2. Sorry if I perhaps over complicated it during the explanation, and thanks in advance for any answers :)
See this...

http://contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back