drop down list of numbers

rc10j1

I have made a drop down list in Excel. I would like it to list a large range of numbers such as 0-10000. Is there a way to tell excel to do this without typing every number in the source box or creating a separate list with 10000 entries?

Thanks

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
Hello rc10j1,

Are you only wanting the drop down to list specific numbers between 0 and 10,000? Or every number between 0 and 10,000?

If the latter, rather than using a drop down list (which would be very long indeed!), simply apply data validation: Data > Validation > Allow > Whole number and then set the data range as a minimum of 0 and a maximum of 10,000.

To the Cells this validation is applied, it means the user is restricted to only typing in whole numbers between 0 and 10,000.

Hth,

Matty

Upvote 0
I'd like to know how to do it with a drop down list for future reference. So if i wanted it to show a list of 1-100 i wouldn't have to type it all out

Upvote 0
Then the only way to do it is to link your list to a specified range within your Worksheet which contains the numbers you want listing.

But why did you say you did not want to do this in your original post?

Matty

Upvote 0
Just because it is time consuming. I was wondering if there was a formula you could enter in the source window such as 0:200 to display the numbers between 0 and 200 in the list

Upvote 0
No, but you can create your list on the spreadsheet

Place the 1st number in a cell and choose Edit>Fill>Series. Select Column and enter a stop number. Click OK

You have your list!!

lenze

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianhfield

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back