Drop down list that will import value + background color from source and cell next to it

Spidii

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I tried to look for formula/script that would make something like that work but i wasnt able to find one. Probably the reason is that it is hard to name it correctly to search for it.

I want to make that drop down list on right side to automatically change background color based on selection. So at current moment it would need to have same background color as cell with "1" in it at that table at the left side. In addition when i pick something from drop down list i want it to use data from cell that is at the right side of source so in current moment it would be "11". Background color of that cell with 11 in it should be imported also.

If i would chose 4 from drop down list then cells at the right side should have blue background with 4 and 44 in them.

I want to be able to add/remove stuff to the list at the left side so i think that i cant use condition formatting because list changes pretty often and i dont want to update formatting every single time.

Data in 1st column will never double
Data in 2nd column might be same in all cells
There can be random amount of cells per each color.

If someone could at last tell me what i need to look for to make it work then it would be super cool!

Thanks!

Screenshot 2022-04-16 at 15.57.43.png

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
I would start with something like this (most basic form of the code) then expand it as and if needed.

Note that F3 refers to the cell with the dropdown and B3:B20 refers to the range of values in the first column.

VBA Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
If Target.Address(0, 0) = "F3" Then Range("B3:B20").Find(Target.Value, , xlValues, xlWhole, , , False, False, False).Offset(, 1).Copy Target.Offset(, 1)
End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visheshkotha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back