drop down list to macro that copies and pastes

cadman56

I have a forms combo box /dropdown that I use the index function with to read 150 rows each containing 8 columns from another worksheet. It then shows the selected cells on the worksheet that contains the dropdown.
What I want to be able to do is to use the combo box and when I make the selection instead of using the index function to show the data in the cell, I want to copy and paste the data into the cell.
I believe this will require the use of a macro to take the information from the dropdown and then copy and paste it into the correct locations.
I am open to any way of doing this as long as the data is copied and not just linked.
Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
Macro to copy and paste

I asked this question a couple of days ago and never received a response so thought I would try again.

<TABLE class=tborder id=post1595901 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_1595901 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ffffff 1px solid">I have a forms combo box /dropdown that I use the index function with to read 150 rows each containing 8 columns from another worksheet. It then shows the selected cells on the worksheet that contains the dropdown.
What I want to be able to do is to use the combo box and when I make the selection instead of using the index function to show the data in the cell, I want to copy and paste the data into the cell.
I believe this will require the use of a macro to take the information from the dropdown and then copy and paste it into the correct locations.
I am open to any way of doing this as long as the data is copied and not just linked.
Any help would be greatly appreaciated.
<!-- / message --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ffffff 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #ffffff 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #ffffff 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ffffff 1px solid">
user_online.gif
</TD><TD class=alt1 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ffffff 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #ffffff 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #ffffff 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ffffff 1px solid" align=right><!-- controls --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back