Drop down list to navigate between sheets

LoganV

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi everyone, first of all sorry if my english is not really good. My first language is spanish ?
I want to do a drop down list to navigate between sheets. But i want to start in some determinate sheets and finish in other determinate sheets.
Ive got those sheets:

Menu, Business Generator,[New Business],Business spending, Other sheets with no interest...

In the "Businness Generator" sheet there's a macro that copies its information in a new sheet call Business1. Then if i press again the macro then it will be another Business2 and my sheets will be like this:

Menu, Business Generator,Business1,Business2, [New Business],Business spending, Other sheets with no interest...

etc.

So i want to create a list in the menu with wich i can navigate between only business sheets. In the previous example, a drop down list that shows: Business1,Business2. Only those one.
Do you now how can i do that?
Thanks ?

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
I looked at your post and your English is very good. But I got lost understanding what you wanted.

I'm thinking you want a data validation list of sheet names so if you select "Master" you will be taken to sheet named "Master"

But I get lost when you start naming the sheets you want listed and on what sheet you want the list.

Could you please explain again what your wanting and lets just do one at a time.

So I would suggest putting the sheet names you want taken to in A Range like B1:B15

And then tell me the sheet name and the Range where the sheet names are.

Upvote 0
I looked at your post and your English is very good. But I got lost understanding what you wanted.

I'm thinking you want a data validation list of sheet names so if you select "Master" you will be taken to sheet named "Master"

But I get lost when you start naming the sheets you want listed and on what sheet you want the list.

Could you please explain again what your wanting and lets just do one at a time.

So I would suggest putting the sheet names you want taken to in A Range like B1:B15

And then tell me the sheet name and the Range where the sheet names are.
Yes thats exactly what a want. If i want to go to the sheet "A" i want to select it in the list and then be taken to this sheet.
You say to put my sheets in a range but i dont know how many sheets will i have.
I have a sheet named "BusinessGenerator" and in this ive got a macro that duplicates it, so if i click once on the macro then ill have just one more sheet: "BusinessGenerator (1)" But if i click, for example, 5 times on the macro, then ill have 5 more sheets named: "BussinesGenerator (1)", "BusinessGenerator (2)",...,"BusinessGenerator (5)"
Thats why i cant put their names in a range cause i dont know how many sheets will i have :(
Did i explained? ?

Upvote 0
So do you want all the sheet names put into the DataValidation list?

I will tell you what I already use.

I have a Userform with a Listbox.
When I open the Userform all sheet names are loaded into the UserForm Listbox.
And when I click on a name in the listbox I'm taken to that sheet.
The Userform is opened using Modeless mode which means you can work on your worksheet like normal but keep the Userform Displayed.

My Userform is very narrow in width with just the Listbox showing this way it does not hide any of my sheet. I also have one little button on the Userform which when pressed closes the Userform.

So as long as the Userform is displayed all you do is click on the listbox sheet name you want to go to.

So all sheet names are always displayed in the Listbox every time you open the Userform.

Would something like this work for you.

Upvote 0
And I have my Userform in my Excel Personal folder which makes it available to be opened into any workbook. I use a shortcut key or a script assigned to my Upper Menu Bar to open the userform.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back