drop down lists

Molden

Hi

I want to create a report which has an input by option, and i would like this to be a dropdown list of the people working on my department. There are 3 tabs (Sheet1-3) and the cell is on e6:e65536 as the list is ongoing so I cant do validation because ideally i would like one master list which updates all the sheets. the master list (the people on the department) is currently on s6:S10 but as new people could be added to the team would it be possible just to put the name underneath the original list maybe using code such as s6:S65526.select and xlup

Could anyone help

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
Hi

I want to create a report which has an input by option, and i would like this to be a dropdown list of the people working on my department. There are 3 tabs (Sheet1-3) and the cell is on e6:e65536 as the list is ongoing so I cant do validation because ideally i would like one master list which updates all the sheets. the master list (the people on the department) is currently on s6:S10 but as new people could be added to the team would it be possible just to put the name underneath the original list maybe using code such as s6:S65526.select and xlup

Could anyone help

Could you not put the master list on a hidden sheet & use a validation incorporating the range as dynamic?

Upvote 0
On the sheet with the list name S6 Start (using Insert|Name|Define) and name S65536 End.

For Data Validation choose Allow List, Source:

=OFFSET(Start,0,0,COUNTA(Start:End),1)

and click OK.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPav

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back