drop down navigations

Manoverboard

Is there any way i can use a drop down menu to show all the pages and to navigate throught the site.

eg

if u open the drop down menu and go to sheet 3 then it will take you to sheet 3.

Is there any way of doing this i need it for my coursework.

thanx

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
You can always use Excels Own navigation
keys...have a look @ to the left of the sheet tabs ... right click and select the sheet to goto.

Upvote 0
no i cant use excels own one the idea is to try get it so the user has to change none of the actual sheet of has to touch the sheet tabs. i have tried creating a tool bar but i dont know how. i am trying to get 1 like ya know on these forums where u can choose what board to view. its inner linking user a drop down menu

Upvote 0
Choose Tools - Customize
In the Customize dialog box choose new and give your toolbar a name.
This will create a floating toolbar with name you chose, it will be on the sheet somewhere and be about a 1/2 inch square.
If you want a drop down menu choose New Menu and drop this to your toolbar.
You can now place command buttons in your drop down menu and assign a macro to each. The code for each macro would look something like:
sub button1_click()

worksheets("Sheet1").select

end sub

This may not be the easiest, most efficient way to do this. I imagine that many of the more advanced developers on this board would cry at this, but I am just a relative 'newb' and if its what you want have a play with it.

Dont forget to Attach your custom toolbar to your workbook (using the tools - cutomize dialog box)

Regards
The Weasel

Upvote 0
i got that working but as its only set as a tool bar it wont work if i load the file on a different comp and the sheet will bve marked on a different one.

does any one know how to do it actual in the spread sheet and not the tools. like an application inside the sheet. if some body knows it would b greatly apreciated

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visheshkotha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back