Drop Down Validation cell redirecting to another Tab

moyeaim

First time post so bear with me please :eek:

I have an excel worksheet 'Initial Form' that has many validation dropdowns from other worksheet using the Indirect method and Named Ranges:

=INDIRECT(VLOOKUP($B$58,ItemCause2Lookup,2,0)&"List")

It works fine but for some reason, only sometimes, when you select some dropdowns (again only sometimes), it redirects you to the first tab (no specific cell - dependent on last cell chosen) which I use as a 'Summary' (by the same name) that only has some concatenate functions:

=CONCATENATE('Initial Form'!B57,": ",'Initial Form'!B59," (",'Initial Form'!B61,")")

Simple really. The reason for the 'Summary'.... once everything is completed, I have VBA sending an email with the aforementioned data. This is literally the only time in my code that this sheet is mentioned. Is that what is causing the movement of the cursor? If I hide the 'Summary', it kind of just jolts around annoyingly until you click the next dropdown (but you have to do it twice).

There are forms involved as well, but at the point in which this happens, it is just a (semi-simple) validation drop down. I have looked for about a week to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back