Dropdown in Excel

nagapavan

Board Regular
Hi,

I have copied a drop down value from a HTML page to excel and this drop down is showing up in execl and I am unable to delete it by either deleting the rows or columns. What do I do to remove the dropdown value in the sheet?

Pavan

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
Is that HTML dropdown copied and pasted as an image on your worksheet ? Could you post a screenshot of your worksheet here ?

Upvote 0
go to this post, download one of the add-ins, and post samples of your sheets with them.
Please download an HTML Maker and post sample data with what results you expect<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Upvote 0
It sounds like you may have pasted an image, as opposed to text. Can you left-click it then hit delete or Ctrl+X?

HTH,

Upvote 0
You need to get the select objects arrow. If you have the drawing toolbar in view, click on the icon that looks like an arrow. You should be able to then click the drop down and just delete it.

If your drawing toolbar is not displayed, go to: View | Toolbars | Drawing

Once you have deleted the object, make sure to deselect the Select Objects arrow in the toolbar or else you won't be able to click on cells.

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
Sorry, but this does not help. I am unable to select the dropdown after clicking the arrow. It prompts me to draw the arrow at a place in the sheet.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyg666

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back