bclaussen

I am trying to create a dropdown list that when an item is selected in the dropdown, the cells to the right autofill with data related to that selected item. For example. If I click on a dropdown and choose "Wednesday" in Cell A, then in Cell B, C, and D, autofill with "work", "gym", and "errands". If this is possible, could someone guide me on how to do this?
Thanks

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
Hi and Welcome to the Board,

Why not build a table with all your requirements and then utilize a vlookup.

With the lookup value in A1

In B1 =VLOOKUP($A1,$H$1:$K$14,COLUMN(B1),0)

and copy over to the right (C1, D1)

Upvote 0
I can be a little more specific. I am linking a database to another worksheet and it will have data not only for agendas daily, but my exercises for each day, my meals, etc. So in addition to the initial reply, if I click a dropdown box and I select eggs, I would want it to populate to the right of it, serving size, protein etc. This data would come from the database. I am just trying to organize my days to keep on track. Thanks for your reply.

Upvote 0
I figured out what you were trying to say. Yes, vlookup does work. How do I link that data from another workbook? I'd like to duplicate the same worksheet referencing data from the same workbook for my wife too. Could I just simply copy the initially created worksheet and paste in a new worksheet? Or do I need to recreate all the formulas in the new worksheet to link to the same database that the initial worksheet is pulling from? Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

Upvote 0
I'm glad you got it all sorted.

Yes you could make a copy of the worksheet into a new workbook/sheet and the links to the workbook with the data should carry forward.

Go to the sheet which you have already built with the links, right click on the sheet tab >> move or copy

In the first drop down >> To Book: Select (new book) or a book you have already created (which needs to be opened already)

Before you select OK check Create a copy.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertJones1986

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back