Dropdowns and lookup function

underdog387

I currently have a spreadsheet that I am using 2 dropdowns with the Lookup function to pull information from 2 other sheets in the workbook. the first item in the dropdown and the 18th and beyond items in both dropdowns work correctly, however items 2-17 pull the wrong information. I am using another spreadsheet that uses the same format as I am using, anf it works properly.

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
Usee google to search for "absolute references in excel" and modify the formula you used as an absolute reference

If that doesn't work then post your formula in the thread.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you look at the picture, there are 7 fields that pull information from the other sheets based on what what was picked in the dropdown. Each dropdown was reading from a different page. I put them all on one page so I could see what was happening. As you can see from this newer picture, I had to have a column with what was showing in the dropdowns and also add one that had the same info in it, but the rest had to be in "alphabetical/numerical" order for Excel to read it properly. Once I did that, everything was reading correctly and don't have any errors now. https://www.dropbox.com/s/nqrqhmkfnhomxr4/Excel Help2.JPG?dl=0
If that didn't make sense, lemme know and I'll try breaking down what didn't make sense.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shantanu2024

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back