duplicate detection

ACTION

Sorry if this is a duplicate post (no pun intended)

I hope you guys can help me out on this. I'm getting close to crying. I have a large (25000+ rows) worksheet that I am trying to import into our SQL database(111000+ rows) which I've done successfully quite a few times. The problem is, the import failes saying there is a duplicate value. Usually this is no problem, as I can run dup detectors that will usually find the problem. If that doesn't work then vlookup between the existing and new data does. This time it's not. Neither options has found a dup, but the SQL import continues to crash with the duplicate value error. Is there anything anyone could suggest that might help me locate this dup? Please keep in mind that I'm not that great at writing macros. Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
Try Access

I don't know how you would do this in Excel, but if you import the data grid into access, you can then use a "find duplicates" query to solve your problem. If you need step by step help with this process, let me know

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ak94

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back