Duplicate email addresses in column

Jana1981

Hi

I need to do a mailing and would like find and delete all duplicate email addresses in one column. using the filter doesnt help at it only brings back the one column.
I don't want the rest of the data to change, as I still need it.

some people are responsible for more than one company, so their email address is listed more than once. They should only receive one email.

Any suggestions?

THANKS
Jana:)

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
Did you try the Advanced Filter option in Excel ?

Excel menubar --> Data --> Filter --> Advanced Filter --> Ensure to put a check on "Unique Records Only" and select the Action according to your requirement.

Upvote 0
HI,

Could you use an Advance Filter on just the Email Addresses and use the copy to element twinned with the Unique values Only to create a unique list elsewhere to use in your email?

Data - Filter - Advanced Filter - Copy To

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the quick replies!!

Yes, I did try the advanced filter with the Unique option and copy to but it only brought back the column, not the rest.

Could I use the if function somehow? If name in cell A2= any other entry in column c, 1, if not 22 for example. that would at least save some time..

Upvote 0
Hi Jana,

Maybe you could use COUNTIF with one fixed reference and one not fixed as a criteria;

=COUNTIF($A$1:A1,A1)>1

The way to do this is, supposing your data table is in range A1:E100 you would put this formula in G2 and in the criteria section in the advance filter select G1:G2. In the List Range Box you would put A1:E100.

I have assumed that the email address is in column A, change this to suit in the formula.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcus05

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back