normanbox

I am a novice with MS Access, and I am working on an important assignment. I am stuck on the next steps. I currently have a form, four update queries (all updating one table), and one table (called products and services; the data type of each field is a Yes/No). Using macros, I’ve successful with building a form with four buttons (each runs one of the four queries) that runs an update query when clicked. As a result, when a user clicks on two buttons, the table is updated with the products and services selected.

I now need to take the products and services selected and use that as the basis for the beginning of a business plan by the user, but I don’t know how to do that. For example, if the user selects products 1, 3, and 4, and services 2, 3, and 4, then I only want those to be displayed in a new form (doesn’t have to be another form in Access, it could be exported to Word if possible). The user will then write a lengthy description regarding how they intend to use the products and services selected.

My issue may be the structure of my table. Instead of listing each product and service in columns, it’s one row. I’m willing to consider restructuring the table if I need to. I structured it this way because I also have checkboxes on the form. When each button gets selected, the corresponding checkbox is also checked simultaneously.

Summary of what I’m trying to accomplish for my whole project:
  1. A user selects various options from a form.
  2. The user has the flexibility to add to or take away from their selection
  3. The user then is provided a template to complete the options selected from the form (Ideally in MS Word).
Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated. Please let me know if you need any clarification.

Thank you,

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
you need 2 tables:
1 for the user and their settings on the master form
1 for the subform (subtable) where the user can add/remove items (products) from the list

don't use check boxes for products. checkboxes would be for yes/no fields.
the subtable would hold the list of products that can be added via a dbl-click from a list.

Upvote 0
you need 2 tables:
1 for the user and their settings on the master form
1 for the subform (subtable) where the user can add/remove items (products) from the list

don't use check boxes for products. checkboxes would be for yes/no fields.
the subtable would hold the list of products that can be added via a dbl-click from a list.
I will try that. Thank you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradel

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back