Dynamic Array formula works on one table, not on another?

Tarver

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
I've got a table, DataTable, that has a monthly breakdown of sales. I use the following formula to return a list of unique entries in the field [Category]:

=UNIQUE(DataTable[Category])

It works with no problem.

I've also added a new table, AltDataTable, with the same fields, but with a daily breakdown of sales. I can use the same formula on this table to return the same results.
=UNIQUE(AltDataTable[Category])

However, other formulas simply don't work with the new table. I can't figure out why.

This formula will work on the original table:
=UNIQUE(FILTER(DataTable[ProductCategory],(DataTable[ProductCategory]<>"NA")*(DataTable[Category]="Gift Card (Mall)")))

However the new formula for the AltDataTable will not work, and it returns an #N/A error:
=UNIQUE(FILTER(AltDataTable[ProductCategory],(AltDataTable[ProductCategory]<>"NA")*(AltDataTable[Category]="Gift Card (Mall)")))

It's baffling to me! I've triple-checked the names of the fields (I've even copied them from the original and pasted them into the new table.) I've re-typed the formula and copied then edited the formula. I've worked it backwards and re-edited the formula to remove the "Alt" prefix and it works.

Any ideas what I can try? Am I missing something obvious?

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
Do you have any #N/A errors in the Alt Table?

Upvote 0
Solution
Do you have any #N/A errors in the Alt Table?

YES! In 13,000 lines, there is one #N/A error. Thank you. I'm ashamed to admit that never occurred to me, and I've been using Excel for enough years to know better.

Thank you for taking the time to answer. This is not the first time you've saved me, Fluff! I appreciate it more than you know.

Upvote 0
Glad to help & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tanurai

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back