Dynamic Bar Chart -- Automatically updates my horizontal and vertical data series

PortoMarco

I have a sheet with three graphs on it - a line chart, a pie chart and a bar chart. The line chart and pie chart are perfecto.

The bar chart is problematic.

Situation:

1) I have a data tab. The data tab is grouped in two columns - the first is the "Flag" and the second is the "Return". The Flag is either A,B,C,D and the returns are grouped according to flag.

2) I have a report tab where everything is updated the moment I change the value in K2. K2 holds the reference to the flag. So, if I put in a "D", I have a bunch of tables and charts that automatically update by pulling in all the data in the data tab by searching for flag "D". The only issue is the bar chart. I am left creating this long-*** vertical data series on my report tab; populating numbers from -8 to 8 in 0.10 increments and then using a countif function to count the number of observations found in the data series based on the flag in K2.

Can I automate this (without macros) so that the bar chart knows automatically how to organise the horizontal and vertical axis'?

Thanks

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back