Dynamic calculation in VBA

Taihenwarui

Hi. I'm a very new to Excel and VBA
I have been given a task to improve and automate the complex engineering calculation spreadsheet.

The problem is to replace a hidden table values ( which are needed for a final calculation calculation) with on the fly , dynamic calculation ( more elegant way as by boss described it ) in VBA and macro.

The formula for the final cell is

Code:
=IF(AS11="yes",IF(NOT(ISERROR(SUM(AV11,AX11,AZ11,BB11,BD11,BF11,BH11,BJ11,BL11,BN11))),SUM(AV11,AX11,AZ11,BB11,BD11,BF11,BH11,BJ11,BL11,BN11),0),"")

where AV11,AX11,AZ11,BB11,BD11,BF11,BH11,BJ11,BL11,BN11 are the hidden columns made for a calculation of the final value.

Its getting more complicated as the number of hidden columns depends of another factor . Here is the formula for a hidden column

Code:
=IF(AW11>0,INDEX($AR$11:$AR$24,AW11),0)

The column value depends of the another factor . In this case it depends of the value of AW11 cell.
The formula for AW11

Code:
=IF(ISERROR(IF(MATCH(A11,$H$11:$H$24,0)>0,MATCH(A11,$H$11:$H$24,0),MATCH(A11,$J$11:$J$24,0))),0,IF(MATCH(A11,$H$11:$H$24,0)>0,MATCH(A11,$H$11:$H$24,0),MATCH(A11,$J$11:$J$24,0)))

And so on. So with the grow of the calculation the number of hidden column can be bigger. It can be one or five.

My questions is if anyone has ever encountered such a problem and if this is feasible to make such a calculation in VBA (trigger by the event) to replace getting values from a column by calculation using marco and vba?

Thank you

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
It is sometimes better to knock the house down completely and rebuild it rather than keep on building new bits

I would be happy to assist with that, but regret I do not understand your needs. Words are fine to you because you are very familiar with the spreadsheet, we are not

Why are columns hidden, is it security or aesthetics or something else?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back