Dynamic calendar and locking each month

Liverlee

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi peeps.

I've come for your help and assistance again.

I followed this video on youtube regarding creating a dynamic calendar so you can flip from month to month, without having to use multiple tabs. Which i thought would be great.

The only issue i'm having is if a i enter data in any of the columns in the month of jan. So say the first of jan i put an x to mark the spot, if i flip to feb the x is still there on the 1st feb.

Any advice or guidance on how to lock the data to the month and still be able to flip from jan to dec?

This is the youtube video - hope its ok to attach the link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S96V-43_hgc

:oops:

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
You would need code which saved the task cells for every month (and year) in another part of the workbook, e.g. another sheet or cells below the calendar. This could be done with the Worksheet_Change event handler, so that when you type in one of the task cells the code saves the task cells for the currently selected month and year, and when you change the month and year it retrieves the task cells from the 'task database'.

Upvote 0
You would need code which saved the task cells for every month (and year) in another part of the workbook, e.g. another sheet or cells below the calendar. This could be done with the Worksheet_Change event handler, so that when you type in one of the task cells the code saves the task cells for the currently selected month and year, and when you change the month and year it retrieves the task cells from the 'task database'.

Thanks John, i feared as much, so i need some code like vlookup or index/match.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shantanu2024

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back