Dynamic Chart with Drop Down Menu

cmorales66

Hi guys, looking to find a solution to a dynamic chart. I'm looking to chart Forecast, Cumulative Forecast, Actuals and Cumulative Actuals on a 12 month axis. The kicker is that I have several sub segments from a job to chart. So for job 61383, I have to chart 61383-DS-001-020, 61383-DS-001-021, etc. Instead of charting 30 of these sub segments, I'm looking for a way to drop the data somewhere and use a drop down menu to show only one sub segment in the chart at a time.
This is the data that I have to combine somehow, Forecast for 12 months, Actuals for 12 months, and Cumulative for each for 12 months. View attachment 6755

The current chart looks something like this, charted with the single input info on the left. But again, I need to make this for 30+ sub segments and maintain the chart parameters. View attachment 6756

Any help is much appreciated.

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
unfortunately your attachments are not working. it is easier to post your images on an image sharing site and insert the link here. Then the image shows right up in your post (put it beteween [ img] brackets)

is all this data contained in one table, or do you have 30+ tables? If is is all in one table then simpel filtering should do the trick.

If it is 30 tables, then you should ask yourself, is that the best way to store and use the data? Because as you now see, analysing the data becomes a lot more difficult.

Really you should look at redesigning the table so you can have all 30 tables in one big table. By using filters and a couple of extra columns you can input the data as easy as now, and extract the data a lot more easily. Think about it.

It can be done with macros, but to future proof your data, spend a little bit of thinking time and add it all together in one.

Let me know your thoughts.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juliecooper255

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back