Dynamic Chart with Extra Credit: Expanding Data

detorange

I am hoping for some help taking the dynamic charting one step further. I'm familiar with creating dynamic charts, but I'm stumped as to how I can do the following:

I am pulling in Bloomberg data into an ever expanding data set called TABLE A. What this means is that there is one formula, and that one formula generates a table that is four columns wide and "X" rows tall. Every five minutes, new data points are added to the table. Let's say, for example, that the maximum amount of rows is 400. Take note that the minimum amount is one.

From the table, I'm creating another table (TABLE B) that is calculating percentage changes from TABLE A. Then, I need to put the percentage changes into a graph. This is where I need help.

Is there a way to create a dynamic graph that will only graph integers? Thus, when another integer row is added to TABLE B, I'd like the chart to graph that. I wrote the formulas in TABLE B to display #N/A (using NA() ), and I'd like the graph to not show those values along the x-axis. What happens now is that while the line graphs end, there is still a significant amount of space after the end of the line graph. It would be great if there was a formula where the unused cells were empty, but it doesn't appear I can do that (" " is still recognized as text).

Thanks in advance!

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
Figured it out, and it's a simple fix. Instead of having your dynamic series using COUNTA, use COUNT. Then it's just counting the integers themselves.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back