Dynamic Data Table

captculver

Board Regular
I've created a set of dynamic charts displaying the most recent 12 months of data for a variety of infection rates for our Infection Prevention (IP) department. These charts are set up as objects in a worksheet. IP would now like to have data tables below the charts displaying the numerators and denomiators used to determine the charted/graphed rates. I would like these to be dynamic data tables to reduce error and eliminate the need for monthly updates. My very inelegant "quick fix" solution was to create a second dynamic chart graphing the numerators and denominators; I then displayed the data table and also eliminated the border, gridlines, series lines, and series points in the plot area making it completely blank. But I would like to do something a little cleaner if possible.

Names:
VAPs_Aggregate - Worksheet name where data is located
chtCats_VAPs_Aggregate - defines the 12 months charted
WS_VAPs_Aggregate_B_Adult_Infections - Numerators
WS_VAPs_Aggregate_B_Adult_VentDays - Denominators

To make this a bit more challenging, the data needs to be displayed left to right to approximately match the data points in the graph.
Months displayed in C29:N29
Numerators in C30:N30
Denominators in C31:N31

Any help, advice, guidance appreciated....thanks. CC

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
Have you considered creating a dummy series on a secondary axis, and labeling the various points with the XY Chart Labeler? That would give you dynamic labels that could show the Numerator/Denominators in the original graph.

Upvote 0
I had not considered that option and will give it a try. In the origianal message I mentioned the creation of a second graph with the numerator/denominator info, and then selecting for the data table. My office mate suggesed simply "sliding" that graph on top of the original and then choosing "send to back". I did this and then grouped the two graphs. I checked to make sure the dynamic properties for both graphs were not lost after grouping and they continue to work without problem.

Thanks for the reply and I'll give your suggestion a try in the remaining graphs I have to do....CC

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back