Dynamic Drop Down Lists Availability Across Mutliple Sheets

reberryjr

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I am trying to create dynamic drop down lists based on the value of another cell. Essentially, there are 2 columns impacted:
A1 = Item ID
B1 = Type
If I select Apple in the drop down list in B2, I would like the options in A2 to reflect values from a sheet called Apples.
If I select Cars in the drop down list in B2, I would like the options in A2 to reflect values from a sheet called Cars.

I'm thinking that I might need to use VBA for this, but I really would prefer not to, since I don't need VBA for anything else in this workbook.

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
You will need a macro to do what you want. In which column and range in sheets "Apples" and "Cars" will the values be found?

Upvote 0
The information I would want to populate from the Apples sheet would be in column B, and the information on the Cars sheet would be in column C.

Upvote 0
Are those the only two sheets? If not, what are the columns in the additional sheets? Do the values start in row 1?

Upvote 0
No, there are other sheets in the workbook, and the values would start in row 2 of each respective sheet.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
If the columns containing the values are different in each sheet, we would need to know the sheet names and the corresponding columns. It would be easier if the values were all in the same column on each sheet.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flashbond

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back