Dynamic Forms and Labels ?!?!?

norths03

I'm pretty adept with excel but am still a beginner with access.

I have 2 tables:

1. All Data table that houses all the raw data for the products in the database organized by fields like Sku, vendor, part number, noun, type, trademark, comp, etc.

2. Order table that houses the order of the attributes used to create the product description (noun, type, trademark, comp or type, noun, comp, trademark) for the given major/minor product class (each product class has a preferred description order the reps like to see it in)

These tables are linked one (Order) to many (All Data) using the Major & Minor product class.

I'm looking to create a form that has two drop down boxes, one for the major product class, one for the minor product class. Once these are selected the form (or sub form) would then populate the labels of the form with the data saved in the order table thus allowing the user to know they should enter type first, then noun, then comp, etc. In addition I would like it to be able to pull data from the all data table that matches the information they are entering in the form. For example if they chose Reader, Barcode, … it would show them all the items from the same major/minor product class that have Reader as the first attribute and Barcode as the second so they could see if they were dealing with a family set and if so make the descriptions match. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated as I’m currently going in circles.

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back