Dynamic frozen row

BobbyConkers

Good morning all.

I am looking for a solution whereby a different top row is displayed depending on where the user is scrolled down to in a tab. This is for display purposes only.

I have columns A-S populated not with data, but with graph and narrative tiles.

The header (just cells A1:S1, merged, sorry, not my fault!) for the first section is "Harm Free Care". Obviously I could freeze this pane at A2. However, once one scrolls down to row 241, the relevant header would become "Patient Experience" (cells A240:S240). Once down to row 377, the top visible row would become "Patient Outcomes" (cells A376:S376).

Is there way of changing the visible top row (or header?) depending on where one is scrolled to in the sheet please? VBA would be fine.

Many thanks in advance,

Andy

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
The first problem you have is that detecting scrolling actions is very difficult - there's no built in event for scrolling.

There's an excellent article on Chris Pearson's excel site here

The next problem would be this could work with the ActiveWindow.SplitRow property, but the user would not be able to scroll back up, as the pane would be frozen.

What I'd suggest (assuming you can overcome the problem of detecting scrolling) you'd consider, is leaving the pane frozen at line one, but programmatically changing the value of the cell to change the 'Header' displayed, depending on where the user is viewing.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back