Dynamic IF/VLookup Formula Help

ckp90c

Hello All,

I have an existing IF Statement (shown below) in Col P of the "Book Average Balance" sheet which has many conditions that will pull (sign reversed) data from Col K if all are met. That old formula does work, however it is not dynamic to update. If there are new accounts that are added to the criteria, a user will have to add that to the formula and then copy down, which will be cumbersome.

I want to instead leverage a second sheet called "Lookup" (shown below) that contains a few manageable columns that a user can add/remove items from. Then instead of that long, cumbersome IF statement, I wanted to do a new formula that may be a combination of an IF statement and VLookups that can automatically refer to those columns and give the same result.

Can anyone help me on this? I am so stuck and haven't been able to find the right answer here. Thank you!!!

1661636848180.png

1661636434974.png

Attachments

• 1661636378919.png
    1661636378919.png
    207.7 KB · Views: 15

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
Make each of your columns in the Lookup tab a different Excel Table and replace your " OR(B5="....)" condition with ISNUMBER(MATCH(B5,account_table-ref,0))
where "account_table-ref" is the name of the table you created with account numbers.
Do the same for the other conditions
Be careful that your "numbers" in the lookup tables are text and not numbers as your picture seems to indicate

Upvote 0
Hey I did some initial testing and it looks like it works really well. Thank you so much!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back