Dynamic List / VLOOKUP across multiple sheets

pmcgrath92

Hi Everyone,

I want to create a dynamic "to-do" list in a main/front sheet, which is based upon cell value from data validation in multiple other sheets. Let's say I have sheets A and B - which each have a list of objectives and a "Status" (e.g. Unactioned/In Progress) based on Data Validation. Then there is a main sheet/to-do list, which looks at the status of objectives across ALL sheets (in this case, A and B); subsequently listing them all objectives in a dynamic fashion. Some pictures as examples below:

1633709902475.png

Sheet A - with the list of Task/Objectives in Column C; and Status in Column E.

1633709990400.png

Sheet B - same layout as Sheet A

1633710026291.png

TO-DO Sheet - Which lists all of the Unactioned and In Progress tasks from Sheets A and B underneath.

I.e. in Sheet TO DO I would like B3:B6 (or longer) to list all of Sheet A C6:C11 and Sheet B C6:C9 based on Sheet A E6:E11 and Sheet B E6:E9 = "Unactioned"
(& then the same from TO DO B12:14 but based on the Status = "In Progress").

I hope that's a good enough explanation, but happy to provide any more details.

Thanks in advance!

Paul

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
Have you considered PowerQuery? It's ability to append and filter could handle this.

Upvote 0
Have you considered PowerQuery? It's ability to append and filter could handle this.
Haven't ever heard of this before, but after a quick search that could be a better solution than formulae or VBA. I'll look into it, thank you.

Do you know if it's an add-on which you have to download and install; or is available by standard? (The former may be an issue for me).

Upvote 0
What version of Excel are you using?

I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

PQ is built in from 2016 (I think) & is on the Data tab under Get & Transform.

Upvote 0
What version of Excel are you using?

I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

PQ is built in from 2016 (I think) & is on the Data tab under Get & Transform.
I'm running Excel 2016, apologies, would have been wise to mention (as you pointed out). I'll have a look into PQ then, thanks.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GBCTeacher

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back