Dynamic Page Break for a non programmer

MrMalone

Hi, I'm new and I'm not actually a programmer, but I'm trying to make a little quoting program in excel. I generally understand what code is doing or asking for, but I need help setting it up.

I'm running Excel 2003, WinXP.

I have a number of rows grouped into what I call "modules" that vary but are about 12 rows high or so each. I use a check box to reveal or hide them as need be.

This of course increases the length of the data on the page I print. When I add more modules, it breaks up some of the modules at the end of the page.

What I'd like to do is have an automatic page break if the module gets split up, like instead of showing the first 3 rows on one page and the last 9 on the next, I'd prefer if it just made a page break at the end of the previous module.

Also, at the very end of my little quoting sheet, I have about 40 rows that I use to help me calculate quantities for things. I don't use this form all the time so it just wastes paper. I would like it to print (on it's own page) ONLY IF certain cells are filled in or if certain cells <> "ok" or whatever I've set up.

Can someone help me with this? I've searched through the forums already and some solutions seem close, but as I'm not too familiar with programming, I don't think I have the ability to tweak what I've found.

I would appreciate any help. Thank you!

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
Hello MrMalone

(I used to know a Mr. Malone from Hawaii but that's another story) ;)

Not to worry about not being a programmer. The forum you posted in is for general Excel and covers formulas and functions as well as VBA.

Dynamic page breaking the way you want would require programming. However, have you discovered the PageBreak view mode? With it, you can adjust the size of pages on-the-fly.

Upvote 0
Hi,
Thank you! I have found the manual page break pane. (Just today actually) but I quote things like 3 quotes an hour and I would prefer to have the program make them for me dynamically.

I'd really like to see if there is a way to set it up so I can do this because if I can get this, then I can do a few more things from it that I'm sure I could fine tune myself and just apply to other things I've made.

I look online for lots of tips and example code and stuff for excel so I'm just a arm chair excel guy, but I'd like to use it more for what it can do.

Upvote 0
You can't automatically set pagebreaks on the fly without using code. Post back if you want to tackle it.

Upvote 0
Actually yeah, I would like to learn the code to do such a thing. I would really appreciate as much as a head start. I understand the coding if I can see it, but I don't know how to come up with it.. I imagine I could even put sequences together if I knew what commands and things were to use, but alas I don't. I'm not a programmer, but I am a quick learner and I know a few basics.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spenstar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back