Dynamic Percentile Analysis Across Multiple Categories - PowerPivot / DAX

Louis_Guionneau

Hi everyone!

I've spent a bunch of time trying to find a solution to the following issue! It's driving me currraaazzy!

I would like to be able to dynamically (and hopefully in as simple way as possible) create measures (ideally NOT via calculated columns) in power pivot to be able to carry out percentile analysis (e.g., value associated with top quartile, top quintile, third decile, etc etc) on different subsets of my data (in a pivot table). For example, I might want to create the percentile based on the yearly sales associated with a shop (although the records I have are based on monthly, or another time period).

Could anyone provide any guidance here?

Here is what this data could look like as an example, as well as what the results would be on this data (I did this jammily using excel). I know that there is a way to do this using calculated columns but I want to try and do it using measures (e.g., maybe using a combination of sumx, percentiles, top n??).

Super grateful for any help!

Thanks,

Louis
1575593343668.png
1575593396011.png

Louis_Guionneau

I have posted this question here now in the hope that I may get a response! Future visitors should see the link for additional help if they run into the same problem.

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alecalec202

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• populate from drop list with multiple tables
    Hi All, i have a drop list that displays data, what i want is when i select one of those from the list to populate text from different tables on...
  • Find list of words from sheet2 in sheet1 before a comma and extract text vba
    Hi Friends, Trying to find the solution on my task. But did not find suitable one to the need. Here is my query and sample file with details...
  • Dynamic Formula entry - VBA code sought
    Hello, really hope one of you experts can help with this - i've spent hours on this and getting no-where. .I have a set of data (more rows than...
  • Listbox Header
    Have a named range called "AccidentsHeader" Within my code I have: [CODE]Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() ListBox1.RowSource =...
  • Complex Heat Map using conditional formatting
    Good day excel world. I have a concern. Below link have a list of countries that carries each country unique data. [URL...
  • Conditional formatting
    Hi good morning, hope you can help me please, I have cells P4:P54 and if this cell is equal to 1 then i want row O to say "Fully Utilised" and to...