Dynamic Percentile Analysis Across Multiple Categories - PowerPivot / DAX

Louis_Guionneau

Hi everyone!

I've spent a bunch of time trying to find a solution to the following issue! It's driving me currraaazzy!

I would like to be able to dynamically (and hopefully in as simple way as possible) create measures (ideally NOT via calculated columns) in power pivot to be able to carry out percentile analysis (e.g., value associated with top quartile, top quintile, third decile, etc etc) on different subsets of my data (in a pivot table). For example, I might want to create the percentile based on the yearly sales associated with a shop (although the records I have are based on monthly, or another time period).

Could anyone provide any guidance here?

Here is what this data could look like as an example, as well as what the results would be on this data (I did this jammily using excel). I know that there is a way to do this using calculated columns but I want to try and do it using measures (e.g., maybe using a combination of sumx, percentiles, top n??).

Super grateful for any help!

Thanks,

Louis
1575593343668.png
1575593396011.png

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.

I have posted this question here now in the hope that I may get a response! Future visitors should see the link for additional help if they run into the same problem.

Thanks!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mesh

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back