Dynamic range from which to use =SUMPRODUCT()

dralkyr

I need to check if a name falls within a validation range. For that I'm using =SUMPRODUCT(--(D2=NamedRange). Now, I need to make sure that the NamedRange has no blanks, or it screws it all up. But the data change on a frequent basis, which is usually just appending or deleting a name from the range. The range from which names may be appended or deleted is 3 columns and ~30 rows. I tried an array formula of {=INDEX($A$1:$A$10,SMALL(IF($A$1:$A$10<>"",ROW($A$1:$A$10)),ROWS($A$1:$A1)))}, but that returns #NUM ! errors whenever it is too long, and so the SUMPRODUCT() doesn't return any data, only the #NUM ! error. How can I do this? In Google Sheets this would be a breeze, just using =FILTER(range,NOT(ISBLANK(range)), but such a construction doesn't exist in Excel.

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
I do not have edit permissions, so I'll just add this here. Sorry I didn't know the cross-posting rule. This is a bit of an emergency at work, so I was reaching out for all the resources I could.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back