Dynamic range of column in sum range with criteria

jeetusaini85

Board Regular
Hi Guys,

I hope all is well at your end.

I need your help to create a formula that I am trying to create for 2 days and now I give up.

Below is the table in which column A has multiple same values and in B column the value will always be 0 in the first cell corresponding to column A and in 2nd cell of the B column will be a random value.

So, in column B3 I want to add 10 including B2 value and so on till the column A value change. Like, B3 would be 5+10=15, B4=5+15+10=30....

Hope, It makes sense, Please assist.

AB
1(B1+B2)+10=15
1(B1+B2+B3)+10=30
1(B1+B2+B3+B4)+10=50
2(B6+B7)+10=20
2(B6+B7+B8)+10=40
2(B6+B7+B8+B9)+10=80
3so on

Regrettably, my work doesn't allow me to download files from the internet so I can't see your file with the expected results. It's possible I could tweak your formula a bit, but if it works and gives you the results you want, then I think you're set. Good luck!

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
Thanks Eric,

Appreciated your help!

Just want to know that how can i match two columns in single match function like:

=ROUND(($L4+SUM(AC4:INDEX(AC:AC,MATCH(B:B,B:B,0)))+IF(B4<>B3,0,IF(COUNTIF(B$1:B3,B4)<>1,SUMIF(B$1:B3,B4,AD$1:AD3))))*$P4/360*W4,0)

I want to match column J:J as well

Upvote 0
I've never been a fan of the MATCH(B:B,B:B,0) formulation. I prefer MATCH(B4,B:B,0), and even better is MATCH(B4,B1:B100,0). The MATCH(B:B,B:B,0) requires something called implicit intersection, which is sort of going away with the newest versions of Excel. So given that, you can try changing the MATCH to:

MATCH(B4&"|"&J4,$B$1:$B$1000&"|"&$J$1:$J$1000,0)

which would find the first match where B4 and J4 both match. If you don't have the latest version of Excel 365, you'll need to confirm your formula with Control+Shift+Enter. The 1000 in the formula is the maximum row of your table, or something not too far after.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAMES KECULAH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back