Dynamic range that needs to be parsed, then reaggregated.

CrashBandicoot

I really would appreciate some extra eyes on this, I’m thoroughly stumped. Let me know if you have any questions or clarifications.

I have a daily reconciliation with 4 unfortunately un linked data sources. Thus far I have created a macro that can handle 3/4 sources but I've hit a wall on the 4th.

There is a sheet called "Data" with two columns that are causing issue, for discussions sake "A" & "B". A has a tag (RS##### format) and the adjacent cell B has a string of contiguous numerical text values (4-6 Digits) which are separated by commas (1234,54321,51423).

I need to parse the data in each cell of column B (row length varies from day to day).
With the Original 1st value remaining in column B and each subsequent 4-6 digit number in their own cell to the right of the original value in column Beta (which I can do successfully through VBA logic akin to text to columns, although I'm not sure its the most efficient way).
Then for each of the cells in a row, I need to re aggregate the original value and the subsequent values to the right into one contiguous list an another sheet.

EX.

The whole process would:

Step 1 (no issue - info purposes only) ‘Original Data
‘Sheet “Data” ‘ Columns A & B*

<code style="box-sizing: inherit; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: Consolas, Menlo, Monaco, 'Lucida Console', 'Liberation Mono', 'DejaVu Sans Mono', 'Bitstream Vera Sans Mono', 'Courier New', monospace; font-style: inherit; font-variant-caps: inherit; line-height: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; max-height: 300px; overflow: auto;"> A3 B3</code>RS1234 | “12345, 54321, 51423”
BR4353 | “ 34567,23145,2345,6789,22222,34543”
Etc.* | Etc. (Until last Row)*

• Last row A & B always the same

Step 2 (have achieved using text to columns but interested in different approaches if anyone has a better idea) - mostly info purposes only)

<code style="box-sizing: inherit; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: Consolas, Menlo, Monaco, 'Lucida Console', 'Liberation Mono', 'DejaVu Sans Mono', 'Bitstream Vera Sans Mono', 'Courier New', monospace; font-style: inherit; font-variant-caps: inherit; line-height: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; max-height: 300px; overflow: auto;">
Result of parsing
:</code>‘Sheet “Data” ‘Columns A | B & Last column with data

A3 | B3 | C3 | D3 | E3

RS1234 | 12345 | 54321 | 51423 | 55443
A4 | B4 | C4 | D4
BR4353 | 34567 | 23145 | etc..

Etc..

• Note: if there is some way to skip this step that makes it easier I’m open to it, this was just my thinking as to where there might be a way forward. 

Step 3 Result of re-aggregation:

‘Sheet “Multi”

Next available cell in Row Y| Next available cell in row Z
<code style="box-sizing: inherit; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: Consolas, Menlo, Monaco, 'Lucida Console', 'Liberation Mono', 'DejaVu Sans Mono', 'Bitstream Vera Sans Mono', 'Courier New', monospace; font-style: inherit; font-variant-caps: inherit; line-height: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; max-height: 300px; overflow: auto;">
RS1234

RS1234

RS1234

BR3453

BR4353

etc
*| etc.(until last row “A:B”with value on sheet “Data”)
</code>
Step 4: I can pick back up the process from this point.

Admittedly, I’m really stuck. I’m not a coder by trade, more of a puzzler who’s looking for answers to a problem that I can’t put down. It would save me ages and I feel like its feasible and It’s driving me nuts.

I sincerly appreciate all suggestions and assistance.

Thanks,
Crash

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back